BACK TO THE FESTIVAL D'AVIGNON 2012
- HOW TO GET THERE?
How to get there?
FESTIVAL'S SHUTTLE BUSES
The places of departure and schedules of shuttle buses of the Festival are detailed in the Spectator's Guide available at the beginning of July,
Price (return ticket or single ticket) : information available in May.
Shuttle tickets can be bought at the Cloître Saint-Louis or at the bus departure.
The shuttles of the Festival are available for various venues:
- Carrière de Boulbon,
- Salle de spectacle de Vedène,
- Auditorium du Grand Avignon-Le Pontet.
- TCRA line n°2 for La FabricA (bus stop: Paul Giéra),
- TCRA line n°5 for Chartreuse de Villeneuve lez Avignon (bus stop: Office de Tourisme).
(schedules for Sundays and 14 July, on the TCRA website : www.tcra.fr)
from the Porte Saint-Roch
Rue Paul-Achard, Avignon
(1 km – 15 min. on foot)
- opposite, take Avenue Eisenhower and continue straight
- at the 2nd roundabout, follow the sign “Gare TGV/Hameau de Champfleury” for 400 m
- on the left, take Rue Paul-Achard, in front of the Gymnase Paul Giéra
- the entrance to the FabricA is 150 m farther
the entrance to the car park is located at 55 Avenue Eisenhower
Please take note! The car park near the FabricA will not be accessible for the Groupe F show. To park this evening, use the car parks in the city.
All the itineraries are marked with red panels at the Porte Saint-Charles
Z.A. du Colombier, Boulbon (15 km – 35 mn)
Coordonnées GPS : 04 42 18.8 E - 43 53 41.9 N
- turn right outside the city walls, follow the sign "Villeneuve/Font d'Irac"
- take the Pont de l'Europe, follow the sign "Nîmes"
- at the end of the bridge, turn right, follow the sign "Aramon"
- continue for 9.3 km and at the roundabout, take the bridge following "Vallabrègues/Boulbon"
- at the end of the bridge, go straight the follow the sign "La Carrière" (itinerary signposted)
avenue Pierre-de-Coubertin, Vedène (13 km - 25 mn by car)
Please note that there is hight the traffic from 4:30 pm.July 14th, itinerary advised by l'Auditorium du Grand Avignon-Le Pontet
- turn right outside the city walls, follow the sign "Autres directions"
- keep to the ramparts, follow the sign "Barthelasse" until the Daladier bridge
- go under the bridge and follow "Villeneuve" and stay on the left following the sign "Carpentras/Orange"
- follow the sign "A7/Carpentras" for 7.6 km
- take the exit "Vedène" and at the roundabout, continue straight, follow the sign "Vedène centre/Saint-Saturnin"
- continue straight for 100 m, the Salle de spectacle de Vedène is on the left.
avenue Guillaume de Fargis, Le Pontet (5,5 km - 30 mn)
Please note that there is hight the traffic from 4:30 pm.
- turn left outside the city walls, follow the sign "Aix-en-Provence", keep to the city walls (1.6km) and stay on the right
- at the level of the Universitéy of Avignon Sainte-Marthe, turn to the right, follow the sign "Carpentras/Valence/Orange" (3,2 km)
- turn to the right, follow the sign "Complexe sportif de Fargue/St-Louis" (500 m)
- a the second red light, turn to the left, follow the sign "Complexe sportif de Fargue/École nationale de Musique"
- parking to the left, in front of the Collège Jules Verne
58 rue de la République, Villeneuve lez Avignon
(4 km/20 min from the Saint-Charles gate)
- turn right outside the city walls, follow the sign "autres directions"
- keep to the city walls, follow the sign "Barthelasse" until the Pont Daladier
- go under the bridge and follow the sign "Villeneuve"
- take the bridge and cross both arms of the Rhone
- at the end of the bridge, turn right and follow the sign "Villeneuve centre"
- continue for about 1 km until the roundabout, turn left and follow the sign "centre historique/Hôtel de Ville"
- continue to the monastery (itinerary signposted)
- the car park is on the right about 20 m after the entrance (limited number of spaces)
Access to the car-pooling platform of the Festival d'Avignon : http://festival-avignon.covoiturage.fr/
On 14 July, the French national bank holiday, because of the fireworks, you will encounter delays crossing the Rhone river and reaching the city of Avignon starting at the end of the afternoon.
Please read carefully
• The doors open 15 to 30 minutes before the start of each show, except where, for artistic or technical reasons, it may be later : for example if the artists are on stage when the audience takes their seats
• Performances start punctually. Latecomers will not be admitted and tickets will not be refunded
• You may be asked for the documentary proof entitling you to a concession at the desk and at the entrance to the show venues. Failure to present a documentary proof will result in the full price being charged.
• Children must be in possession of a valid ticket to access the venues
• Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable
• Numbered-seat venues : Cour d'Honneur, Cour du Lycée Saint-Joseph, Carrière de Boulbon, Opéra-théâtre and La FabricA (category I).
• In all other venues seats are not numbered
• Light meals, snacks and beverages may be purchased at the Chartreuse de Villeneuve lez Avignon, the Carrière de Boulbon and refreshment room at the Salle de spectacle de Vedène.
N.B. on July 14th, due to the firework display for the national holiday, allow for traffic delays if crossing the Rhone River or coming into Avignon as of late afternoon.
The Festival d'Avignon has undertaken a reflection on sustainable development and an ongoing improvement in its practices to minimize its impact on the environment. One of the focuses of this approach is the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, especially those connected to festival-goers' travel.
To come to Avignon, go to a show venue outside the city or travel in the surrounding area, the Festival's car-pooling platform gives you access to all the ads on the covoiturage.fr site.
A7 and RN7
A9 and RN100
Numerous regional lines from Avignon : Aix, Isle sur la Sorgue, Nîmes, Carpentras, Cavaillon, Arles.
International lines to Spain, Morocco, London, Praha, Brussels and Italy.
Coach station Bd St Roch
5 av Monclar
Tel. +33 (0)4 90 82 07 35
Fax +33 (0)4 90 27 03 71
THINK ABOUT CARPOOLING
PARKING FOR COACHES
Rue Ferruce (near the Pont d'Avignon)
Esplanade St Bénézet
FREE CAR PARKS
Parking de l'île Piot
650 spaces, supervised, shuttle bus to the city centre
Parking des Italiens
Avenue de la Synagogue (porte Saint-Lazare)
Free, supervised, shuttle bus to the city centre
Parking des Gares
620 spaces - 24 hours
7, avenue de Monclar
Tel. +33 (0)4 90 80 74 40
Fax +33 (0)4 90 80 74 44
Parking Palais des Papes
850 spaces - 24 hours
Place du Palais, underground
Tel. +33 (0)4 90 27 50 36
Fax +33 (0)4 90 85 86 52
Avenue du 7e Génie
Entrée par la Porte St-Michel
Tél. +33 (0)4 90 27 56 20
1, rue Paul Mérindol
Tel. +33 (0)4 90 85 83 52 (car park + garage)
Parking de l'Oratoire
Allées de l'Oulle
Tel.+33 (0)4 90 86 97 09
Fax +33 (0)4 90 82 15 27
Parking des Halles
590 spaces 24 hours
Tel. +33 (0)4 90 27 15 15
Avignon TGV Station
Quartier de Courtine, TGV direct from Paris (2h40), from Charles de Gaulle Airport, Lille, Nantes, Rouen, Metz, Montpellier, Geneva, Brussels and Lyon.
Shuttle Bus service to the city centre (15mn).
Information - booking
Tel. + 33 (0)8 36 35
Car + Train Avignon Sud Station
Avenue de Fontcouverte
Tel. +33 (0)4 90 27 81 70
Fax +33 (0)4 90 27 81 02