This year, starting from May, you will be able to create your own personal space on the Festival's website by clicking on the “My account” tab, which will allow you to save your information (including for special and reduced rates).
This personal space includes all your orders, allows you to choose where to pick up your tickets, and lets you print confirmation slips.
It will let you save a lot of time when booking your tickets, be it at the box office, by phone, or on the internet.
Special pre-opening in Avignon only (at the Cloître Saint-Louis and Fnac in Avignon and Le Pontet) Saturday 10 June 2017 from 1 to 6 p.m.
Online and on the phone, starting Monday 12 June at 10 a.m.
- For certain pieces with reduced availability, only 4 tickets per order will be delivered for Dream mandé-Djata, and 2 per order for Childhood at work, Ramona, Roberto Zucco, Impromptu 1663, Claire, Anton and them and the Sujets à vif.
- For the young audience pieces : Where are the ogres ?, Sadness and Joy in the life of giraffes, The Imperfect and It's a legend, tickets will be delivered only if the order also concerns children or teenagers.
- All reduced and special rates, as well as passes, will be delivered on presentation of a valid card or certificate (before 3 months old): job seekers, professionnals of the performing arts, under 26 years old and students, beneficiaries of the RSA, beneficiaries of the AAH.
>> starting on monday 12 June 2017 at 10 a.m. book tickets
- Booking fee: 2 € per ticket or flat fee of 35€ for 25 or more tickets in a single order.
- Payment by credit card.
>> starting on monday 12 June 2017 at 10 a.m.
>> from 12 June to 5 July, Monday to Friday from 10a.m. to 5p.m.
>> Starting from 6 July, every day from 10a.m. to 7p.m.
- Booking fee: 2?€ per ticket or flat fee of 35€ for 25 or more tickets in a single order.
- Payment by credit card: immediate confirmation of the order or Paybox link.
- By cheque (bank cheque or post office cheque for France, traveler's cheque, Chèque Vacances) until 30 June 2017:
- We must receive the cheque at most 5 days after your call (after which date your order will be cancelled)
- Your order will be confirmed when we receive it
- Order: Festival d'Avignon. Write your order number on the back of the cheque
- Send to: Festival d'Avignon - Réservations - 20, rue du Portail Boquier 84000 Avignon.
CLOÎTRE SAINT-LOUIS - 20 rue du Portail Boquier
>> on saturday 10 june 2017 from 1 to 6 p.m.
>> From 12 June to 5 July, Monday to Friday from 10a.m. to 5p.m. / Starting from 6 July, every day from 10a.m. to 7p.m.
THE FESTIVAL'S STORE - Place de l'Horloge
>> Starting from 6 July, every day from 10a.m. to 7p.m.
6 No booking fee. Cash, credit cards, and cheques accepted.
BOX OFFICE AND PHONE
SATURDAY 10 JUNE 2017 FROM 1 TO 6PM at the Fnac Avignon centre and Le Pontet (members only)
MONDAY 12 JUNE 2017 STARTING AT 10AM for Fnac France, Switzerland, and Belgium
Booking fee: 2,20 € per ticket – Discount available only to Fnac members. Passes and group rates aren't available. Payment by credit card, cheque, and cash. Payment by cheque: a minimum of 10 days between the order and the date of the first show is necessary, the order is confirmed when the cheque is sent (write you client code on the back of the cheque). Tickets must be collected in a Fnac at normal opening hours. Warning: Fnacs are closed on Sundays and holidays.
The Fnac Avignon will be exceptionally open on Sundays 9, 16, and 23 July, from 11a.m. to 7p.m.
>> starting on monday 12 June 2017 at 10 a.m. (Fnac France, Switzerland, and Belgium)
Booking fee: 2,20 € per ticket – Discount available only to Fnac members. Payment by credit card.
MEMORIES OF SARAJEVO + IN THE RUINS OF ATHENS - LE BIRGIT ENSEMBLE
Special rate for both shows on the same day (same person, same order)
Full rate: 42?€ (or 21?€ per show instead of 29?€)
Reduced rate: 39?€ (or 19.50?€ per show instead of 23?€)
SANTA ESTASI - ATRIDI: OTTO RITRATTI DI FAMIGLIA - ANTONIO LATELLA
Special rate for both shows (same person, same order, in chronological order)
Full rate: 59?€ (or 29.50?€ per show instead of 39?€)
Reduced rate: 52?€ (or 26€ per show instead of 30?€)
HAMLET CENTRE PÉNITENTIAIRE AVIGNON-LE PONTET
Due to the particular nature of this project (free and with a very limited number of tickets), spectators will be able to register starting on 12 June on the internet (in the "My account" tab of the website) and at the box office of the Cloître Saint-Denis. In the interests of fairness, tickets will be attributed at random on 1 July, and spectators will be personally notified. Rules are available in the general terms and conditions. Terms and conditions for Hamlet (in French).
All reduced, special, and group rates, as well as passes, will be delivered on presentation of a valid card or certificate.
- job seekers
- professionals of the performing arts
- under 26 years old and students
- beneficiaries of the RSA
- beneficiaries of the AAH
- 4/40 PASS
4 different shows for 40€ / for festivalgoers 26 and younger / only one ticket per show, within the limit of the number of places available / no limit to the number of passes that can be bought
- FREQUENT SPECTATOR PASS
Reduced rate starting from the 5th show / only one ticket per show
- GROUP RATE (MULTIPLE PEOPLE IN ONE ORDER)
Starting from 25 people at full rates, the reduced rate will be applied to the order (all tickets are nominative, thank you for providing information for the whole group).
- GROUP BOX OFFICE
Groups, associations, work councils, and communities can email firstname.lastname@example.org (for orders of 40 tickets and more) starting in early May.
Members of the circle of sponsors enjoy a special relationship with the Festival and have access to their own box office service.
To join us: email@example.com
The Festival d'Avignon offers Pass Culture holders two events free of charge: a visit of the stage of the Cour d'honneur of the Palais des papes on 6 July at 11a.m. and a dress rehearsal for The Parisians at the FabricA on 7 July. Tickets can be booked at the box office of the Festival at the Cloître Saint-Louis upon presentation of the Pass Culture.
Thanks to the Patch culture, tickets for Antigone, Standing in Time, The Parisians, Memories of Sarajevo... are available for the students and staff of the University for 5€.
Tickets can be booked (within the limit of the number of places available) by calling +33 5 (0)4 90 16 25 00 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Create your own pass with:
- two shows at the Festival de Marseille among Sanctuary, Samedi Détente, La Caravane du Festival au Désert
- two shows at the Festival d'Avignon among Unwanted, Tichelbé - Sans repères - Figninto – The Pierced Eye, Dream Mandé – Djata
From “My account” (your personal space on the Festival's website), you can:
- download your e-tickets
- print your e-tickets
You can pick up your tickets at the box office of the Cloître Saint-Louis during opening hours upon presentation of an ID card corresponding to the name you used when booking your tickets.
For Cinematic Territories and Five Truths at the Maison Jean Vilar, booked tickets can be picked up at the Cloître Saint-Louis or at the venue on the day of the show.
- at the box office of the Cloître Saint-Louis during opening hours, up to 3 hours before the first show you booked
- at the box office of the venue of the first show you booked, 45 minutes before the performance
Tickets aren't sent via mail as there is no way to guarantee they will be received in time.
Doors open 30 minutes before the beginning of each show, except in case of artistic or technical constraints.
Sitting room is no longer guaranteed 5 minutes before the beginning of each performance.
In accordance with the plan Vigipirate, you will be required to arrive at the venue 30 minutes at most before the show, and to open your bags for inspection.
Luggage and large bags will not be allowed inside the venues.
Certificates for special and reduced rates and 4/40 passes can be checked at the entrance. Failure to present them will result in your being asked to pay the ticket's full rate.
This year, twelve venues offer numbered seats:
- Cour d'honneur of the Palais des papes,
- La FabricA,
- Courtyard of the lycée Saint-Joseph,
- Cloître des Carmes,
- Cloître des Célestins,
- Théâtre Benoît-XII,
- L'Autre Scène du Grand Avignon - Vedène,
- Gymnase Aubanel,
- Gymnase Mistral,
- Gymnase of the lycée Saint-Joseph,
- Gymnase Paul Giéra,
- Parc des expositions.
All other venues are general admission.
In order to facilitate access to people with disabilities, the Festival d'Avignon offers a personalized service at the booking office, Cloître Saint-Louis, by telephone or by e-mail to guide them in their choices. Some performances are more accessible to hearing and visually impaired persons. Do not hesitate to ask for any complemetary information. Some seats are reserved for persons in wheelchairs or with reduced mobility. Persons with disabilities benefit from reduced fares.
Tickets are set aside for people with reduced mobility or in wheelchairs. Please make sure to state your needs when booking by calling +33 (0)4 90 14 14 14.
The following venues are not equipped to welcome people with reduced mobility: Théâtre Benoît-XII, the gymnasium of the lycée St-Joseph, and the CDC-Les Hivernales.
Maps of the various car parks and their parking spots for handicapped people are available on avignon.fr, avignon-tourisme.com and parking.handicap.fr.
A shuttle service is available for people with reduced mobility in the Grand Avignon area 0 800 456 456
Download the access maps to the Cour d'honneur :
Download the access maps to la Chapelle des Pénitents blancs :
Some shows are naturally accessible, like dance shows, shows without words or entirely visual (Scena Madre*, Standing In Time, Tichèlbè, Sans repères, Figninto – The Pierced Eye, La Fiesta, Bestie di scena, The Great Tamer, Kalakuta Republik, Facing the sea, for tears to turn into laughter), or shows with surtitles (Antigone, Sopro, Die Kabale der Scheinheiligen. Das leben des Herrn de Molière, Ramona, Ibsen Huis, De Meiden, The Last King of Kakfontein).
The Théâtre Benoît-XII is equipped with a magnetic loop amplifier.
Audiodescription of the performance of Thomas Quillardet's Sadness and Joy in the Life of Giraffes Wednesday 19 July 11a.m. at the Chapelle des Pénitents blancs, with Accès culture and the support of the Fondation Raze. Large-print and braille booklets available
Some shows are naturally accessible, like shows without texts (Childhood at Work, Grown-Ups, etc.), concerts, readings, and radio programme. More information on email@example.com
For the shows Antigone, Sopro, SAIGON, and Ramona, and on certin dates, PANTHEA/Theatre in Paris, the Festival d'Avignon, and the Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication offer a service of individual and multilingual surtitles on electronic glasses, which allow you to read surtitles without taking your eyes off of the show (in French, English, and Arabic for Anntigone). Compatible with prescription glasses.
The service is free but booking is required at the box office of the Festival (while stocks last) : on firstname.lastname@example.org
- shows begin on time. Latecomers will not be granted access to the venue and will not be reimbursed.
- every spectator, including children, must have a valid ticket to enter a venue.
- reselling tickets at a price higher than printed is strictly forbidden by the code pénal (law of 27 June 1919)
Absence of opting-out right
According to article L. 121-21-8 of the Code de la consommation, there is no opting-out right attached to tickets for shows.
Reimbursement and exchange policy
Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded (except in case of cancellation or postponement, see below), even in the case of unused tickets.
Cancellation or postponement of an event
- If a show has to be interrupted after its first half, tickets will not be refunded.
- If a show is cancelled or postponed, tickets will only be exchanged or refunded to the original buyer.
- Reimbursement applications will only be accepted until 30 August 2016 at the latest. Beyond that date, no ticket will be refunded.
- Only the price of the ticket will be refunded; booking fees are non-refundable.
- No other additional cost (transportation, lodging, etc.) will be refunded or compensated.