BACK TO THE FESTIVAL D'AVIGNON 2012
- ACTING FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
Acting for the environment
For the last several years, the Festival has been involved in a reflection on sustainable development and an ongoing improvement in its practices, to minimize its impact on the environment. Festival-goers, you can support us in our environmental commitment and help with a few simple gestures to collectively improve our impact.
With the support of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region, in the framework of the AGIR programme
In 2010, with the support of the Région PACA (AGIR programme), the Festival d'Avignon created an environmental charter that commits it to:
- reducing its greenhouse gas emissions,
- promoting stage lighting that saves energy,
- taking part in improving the energy efficiency of the technical and administrative sites and performance venues, in collaboration with the City of Avignon,
- designing eco-responsible communication supports,
- reducing and recycling waste.
In 2010, the Festival had an environmental diagnosis and a Bilan Carbone® done that made it possible to identify and quantify our organisation's impact on the environment.
Our principal impact concerns:
- energy consumption (gas, electricity, diesel fuel, fuel oil), for set lighting, heating and air-conditioning administrative and technical sites and performance venues, as well as for staff and equipment transport;
- paper consumption notably for all our internal and external communication documents;
- greenhouse gas emissions mostly caused by the consumptions cited above;
- production of so-called "household" waste: paper, cardboard, food, glass, plastic.
We measure the progress made from year to year by a qualitative and quantitative follow-up of our impact. Our main performance indicators as well as a detailed environmental evaluation will be soon available on this page in pdf.
In compliance with our commitments, we have implemented concrete actions to improve our environmental impact this season. Here are the most important ones:
To reduce our greenhouse gas emissions:
- setting up of a car-pooling platform,
- acquisition of an electric scooter,
- shuttle bus service for the festival-goers.
To promote more economical set lighting:
- acquisition of LED projectors and experimentation on the Festival's shows,
- permanent watch on the new existing solutions and their implementation.
To improve the energy efficiency of our offices:
- detailed follow-up of electricity consumption,
- identification of possible projects in partnership with the City of Avignon and the Grand Avignon,
- consideration of environmental performance in new construction projects.
For eco-responsible communication:
- use of recycled paper or paper made from sustainably managed forests,
- sale of eco-responsible promotional objects at the shop.
For a reduction and recycling of our waste:
- purchase of reusable cups,
- improvement in waste management,
- setting up of recycling for tarpaulins and vertical hanging banners.
Festival-goers, you can support us in our environmental commitment and help with a few simple gestures to collectively improve our impact:
Walk, use the Vélopop, public buses, Festival shuttles and car pools to get around.
- Vélopop - Grand Avignon : www.velopop.fr
- Transit in Grand Avignon area : www.tcra.fr
- Transit in Gard area : www.edgard-transport.fr
- ADEME : http://ecocitoyens.ademe.fr/mes-deplacements
- Carpool : http://festival-avignon.covoiturage.fr/
Make sure to throw your waste in the bins provided for that purpose.
- To find our where these voluntary drop-off points are located, visit the city's Internet site: http://www.avignon.fr/fr/pratique/proprete/tri.php
- To find out how waste is managed in the Grand Avignon area: http://www.grandavignon.fr/vivre-au-quotidien/environnement-dechets/
Help us consume less paper by using digital supports.
All the Festival's documents are available and may be downloaded on our Internet site.